Federal Supply Class (FSC): 6240
NATO Supply Classification Class (NSC): 6240
Group Description: Lighting Fixtures and Lamps
Federal Supply Group (FSG): 62
NATO Supply Classification Group (NSG): 62
Includes Fluorescent Lamps; Incandescent Lamps, Large and Miniature; Light Emitting Diode Lamps; Mercury Lamps; Sodium Lamps.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Federal Supply Class 6240
- What is Federal Supply Class 6240?
- FSC 6240 is the Federal Supply Class (formally known as NATO Supply Classification Class NSC 6240) in the USA for supply items codified in the category of Electric Lamps.
- What is NATO Supply Classification Class 6240?
- NSC 6240 is the NATO Supply Classification Class (also known as Federal Supply Class FSC 6240 in the USA) for supply items codified in the category of Electric Lamps.
- Which Federal Supply Group is FSC 6240 in?
- FSC 6240 is in Federal Supply Group (FSG) 62 which contains .
- Which NATO Supply Classification Group is NSC 6240 in?
- NSC 6240 is in NATO Supply Classification Group (NSG) 62 which contains .
Supply Items Included in Federal Supply Class 6240
- COVER,LAMP 477 Items
- What is an Incandescent Lamp? 22874 Items
- An Incandescent Lamp (LAMP,INCANDESCENT) is an item whose principal purpose is to produce light from a glowing filament(s). It includes metal backed and reflecting types, seal beam and flood types. It may include an integral filament shield to control and/or modify its illumination pattern.
- What is a Flashtube Lamp? 401 Items
- A Flashtube Lamp (LAMP,FLASHTUBE) is a lamp that produces repeated light flashes of exceedingly high intensity for short durations. May include incandescent lamp within itself.
- What is a Mercury Vapor Lamp? 473 Items
- A Mercury Vapor Lamp (LAMP,MERCURY VAPOR) is an item which produces light by an electric arc between two electrodes in an ionized mercury vapor atmosphere.
- What is a Fluorescent Lamp? 3864 Items
- A Fluorescent Lamp (LAMP,FLUORESCENT) is an item which produces light due to an ionized gas activating a fluorescent coating.
- What is a Glow Lamp? 1441 Items
- A Glow Lamp (LAMP,GLOW) is an item in which a gas is ionized to produce light energy of low persistence. It may include internal current limiting resistor.
- What is a Lamp Case? 182 Items
- A Lamp Case (CASE,LAMP) is a case specifically designed to hold one or more lamps.
- What is a Cartridge Lamp? 944 Items
- A Cartridge Lamp (LAMP,CARTRIDGE) is an item consisting of an unbased lamp, either incandescent or glow, mounted in a sleeve. It has a projecting terminals and may also include a lens. For light emitting diodes which may or may not be mounted in a sleeve or a lamp base, see LIGHT EMITTING DIODE.
- What is a Hollow Cathode Lamp? 54 Items
- A Hollow Cathode Lamp (LAMP,HOLLOW CATHODE) is a gas discharge lamp which emits radiation in the form of a cathode glow from a hollow cathode closed at one end. It is usually used in atomic absorption spectrophotometers.
- What is a Sodium Lamp? 271 Items
- A Sodium Lamp (LAMP,SODIUM) is an item which produces light by an electric arc between two electrodes in an ionized sodium vapor atmosphere.
- What is a Xenon Lamp? 219 Items
- A Xenon Lamp (LAMP,XENON) is an item which produces light by an electric arc between two electrodes in an ionized xenon gas atmosphere. See also LAMP, GLOW. Excludes LAMP, FLASHTUBE.
- What is a Metal Halide Lamp? 498 Items
- A Metal Halide Lamp (LAMP,METAL HALIDE) is an item in which the major portion of the light is produced by radiation of metal halides and their products of dissociation - possibly in combination with metallic vapors such as mercury. Includes clear and phosphor coated lamps. Excludes LAMP, MERCURY VAPOR.
- What is a Lamp Assembly? 707 Items
- A Lamp Assembly is two or more lamps having a common mounting or mounted on each other. It may include resistors, contacts, printed circuits or other components that control the lamps only.
- What is a Concentrated Arc Lamp? 47 Items
- A Concentrated Arc Lamp (LAMP,CONCENTRATED ARC) is an item that produces a small, brilliant spot of light 0.005 to 0.110 inches (0.0002 to 0.0043 millimeters) in diameter, depending on wattage, by a low voltage arc between two non-vaporizing electrodes in an atmosphere of inert gas.
- What is a Lamp Holder? 413 Items
- A Lamp Holder (HOLDER,LAMP) is an item primarily designed to mechanically accomodate, position, and/or restrain the movement of one or more lamps in its/their normal mounting position. For items specifically designed to electrically accommodate a lamp, see LAMPHOLDER.
- What is a Lamp Assortment? 178 Items
- A Lamp Assortment is a collection of lamps with different characteristics that is usually contained in a CASE (2), LAMP. It is intended for individual replacement and/or general use.
- What is an Electroluminescent Panel Lamp? 168 Items
- An Electroluminescent Panel Lamp (LAMP,ELECTROLUMINESCENT PANEL) is an item that when connected to an alternating current/direct current source emanates light from crystalline powders or phosphors sandwiched between electrically conductive surfaces, one of which is translucent. The powders absorb the electrical energy and convert it instantly into light with minimal heat, without the use of ballasts, starters, or other auxillary electrical equipment.
- What is a Light Emitting Diode Lamp? 371 Items
- A Light Emitting Diode Lamp (LAMP,LIGHT EMITTING DIODE) is an electric light that uses one or more light-emitting diodes (LEDs as the source of light.
Stock Items with Pictures