Relays and Solenoids
Federal Supply Class (FSC): 5945
NATO Supply Classification Class (NSC): 5945
Group Description: Electrical and Electronic Equipment Components
Federal Supply Group (FSG): 59
NATO Supply Classification Group (NSG): 59
Includes Electromagnetic Actuators.
Note-Mounting hardware, included in classes of this group, includes such specially designed items as brackets, holders, retainers, etc. Excluded from classes in this group are such hardware items as screws (Class 5305), bolts (Class 5306), studs (Class 5307), washers (Class 5310), rivets (Class 5320), and other common items indexed to specific classes, other than in Group 59. The FSC indexes and structure will govern the classification of items used on or with mounting hardware cited above.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Federal Supply Class 5945
- What is Federal Supply Class 5945?
- FSC 5945 is the Federal Supply Class (formally known as NATO Supply Classification Class NSC 5945) in the USA for supply items codified in the category of Relays and Solenoids.
- What is NATO Supply Classification Class 5945?
- NSC 5945 is the NATO Supply Classification Class (also known as Federal Supply Class FSC 5945 in the USA) for supply items codified in the category of Relays and Solenoids.
- Which Federal Supply Group is FSC 5945 in?
- FSC 5945 is in Federal Supply Group (FSG) 59 which contains .
- Which NATO Supply Classification Group is NSC 5945 in?
- NSC 5945 is in NATO Supply Classification Group (NSG) 59 which contains .
Supply Items Included in Federal Supply Class 5945
- What is an Interrupter Contact Set? 32 Items
- AnInterrupter Contact Set(CONTACT SET,INTERRUPTER) is a grouping of two or more separate interrupter contacts. Excludes CONTACT ASSEMBLY, ELECTRICAL.
- What is an Electrical Solenoid? 5948 Items
- AnElectrical Solenoid(SOLENOID,ELECTRICAL) is an item consisting of one or more coils surrounding an iron core. The coil(s) and the core are moveable in relation to each other. The axial or rotary movement is a result of the magnetic flux of the coil. It is designed to convert electrical energy into mechanical energy. It does not include switch contacts. See also RELAY, ELECTROMAGNETIC, and ELECTROMAGNETIC ACTUATOR.
- What is a Relay Assembly? 4157 Items
- ARelay Assemblyis two or more RELAYS (as modified) having a common mounting or mounted on each other. If item contains electronic components see ELECTRONIC COMPONENT ASSEMBLY. Excludes AMPLIFIER-RELAY ASSEMBLY; RELAY ASSEMBLY GROUP; and RELAY-SWITCH.
- What is a Relay Subassembly? 377 Items
- ARelay Subassemblyis two or more different types of items having a common mounting or mounted on each other, which together form a portion of a relay, but which in itself is not a complete functioning item and cannot be assigned a more definite item name. Excludes CONTACT ASSEMBLY, ELECTRICAL and CONTACT SET, RELAY.
- What is an Electromagnetic Actuator Subassembly? 56 Items
- AnElectromagnetic Actuator Subassemblyis two or more different types of items, having a common mounting or mounted on each other, which together form a portion of an ELECTROMAGNETIC ACTUATOR, but which in itself is not a complete functioning item and cannot be assigned a more definite item name.
- What is an Electromagnetic Actuator? 353 Items
- AnElectromagnetic Actuatoris an item which develops mechanical energy as a result of momentary or intermittent impulses in a Coil (1) or ELECTROMAGNET and which is used to operate such items as a ratchet or signaling device. For items having a core axially set within a coil and in which the coil and core move with respect to each other, see SOLENOID, ELECTRICAL. See also MOTOR (as modified) and ANNUNCIATOR.
- What is an Armature Stop? 89 Items
- AnArmature Stop(STOP,ARMATURE) is an item designed to check the movement or action of an armature.
- What is an Interlock Control? 84 Items
- AnInterlock Control(CONTROL,INTERLOCK) is a device that determines the mode of operation of an interlock system.
- What is a Motor Driven Relay? 498 Items
- AMotor Driven Relay(RELAY,MOTOR DRIVEN) is a relay which is actuated by an electrical motor and automatically resets upon interruption of supply current to the relay. Does not include a "switch" that is motor driven.
- What is a Thermal Relay? 4832 Items
- AThermal Relay(RELAY,THERMAL) is a relay switch which is actuated by the effect of internal heat generated by the current in its energizing circuit. For items actuated by ambient, rather than internal temperature changes, see SWITCH, THERMOSTATIC.
- What is a Meter Movement Relay? 267 Items
- AMeter Movement Relay(RELAY,METER MOVEMENT) is a relay which operates by means of a D'Arsonval or similar meter type actuation.
- What is a Rotary Relay? 488 Items
- ARotary Relay(RELAY,ROTARY) is a relay whose contact arm may rotate through 360 degrees but not in one operation. Includes rotary relays which automatically reset. For an item having the dual functions of a switch and a relay assembled together on a common mounting, see RELAY-SWITCH. Excludes SWITCH, ROTARY; SWITCH, STEPPING; and SWITCH, TELEPHONE (as modified).
- What is a Solenoid Assembly? 461 Items
- ASolenoid Assemblyis two or more SOLENOID, ELECTRICAL on a common mounting or mounted on each other.
- What is a Thermal Flasher? 698 Items
- AThermal Flasher(FLASHER,THERMAL) is an item designed to complete, interrupt or change the connections in one or more electrical lighting circuits in accordance with a predetermined time cycle. It is actuated by the effect of heat generated by current passing through its circuit(s). Excludes CONTROL, DIRECTIONAL SIGNAL LIGHT, AUTOMOTIVE, and SWITCH THERMOSTATIC. See also FLASHER, SOLID STATE.
- What is an Electromagnetic Actuator Armature? 106 Items
- AnElectromagnetic Actuator Armature(ARMATURE,ELECTROMAGNETIC ACTUATOR) is an item which is the pivoted or spring-mounted iron portion of an electromagnetic actuator and which transmits mechanical energy to another item.
- What is an Induction Coil Armature? 56 Items
- AnInduction Coil Armature(ARMATURE,INDUCTION COIL) is an item which is the pivoted or spring-mounted ferromagnetic portion of an induction coil, and which moves to break and/or make an electrical circuit in response to electromagnetic changes.
- What is a Relay Armature? 454 Items
- ARelay Armature(ARMATURE,RELAY) is an item which is the pivoted or spring-mounted ferromagnetic portion of a relay, and which moves to break and/or make an electrical circuit in response to electromagnetic changes.
- What is a Relay Contact Set? 466 Items
- ARelay Contact Set(CONTACT SET,RELAY) is a grouping of two or more separate relay contacts.
- BRACKET,SOLENOID 223 Items
- COVER,ELECTRICAL RELAY 333 Items
- LINK,SOLENOID 49 Items
- What is an Electronic Chopper? 320 Items
- AnElectronic Chopper(CHOPPER,ELECTRONIC) is an electromechanical or electronic (includes solid state semiconductor items) device designed to convert an electrical signal into a modified square wave output signal. For items excited by an alternating current, the output signal is the same frequency as, and bears a definite phase relationship to, the excitation voltage. For those electronic items designed to operate on direct current only, the output frequency of the item is dependent upon the inherent properties of the item, or the internal or external circuit constants, or the applied driving coil voltage impressed on the input signal. For an electromechanical item whose coil is designed for direct current only, see VIBRATOR, INTERRUPTER and VIBRATOR, SELF-RECTIFYING.
- What is a Solenoid Plunger? 555 Items
- ASolenoid Plunger(PLUNGER,SOLENOID) is a metallic item used as a core which reacts to the magnetic flux produced by a surrounding electrical coil(s). It travels on a longitudinal plane with reciprocating motion to perform a mechanical function. It may have facilities for attaching mechanical and/or electrical items such as linkage and/or contacts. It is a maintenance part for such items as RELAY, SOLENOID; RELAY-SOLENOID, ENGINE STARTER, ELECTRICAL; and SOLENOID, ELECTRICAL.
- BASE,ELECTRICAL RELAY 1124 Items
- What is a Resonant Reed Relay? 97 Items
- AResonant Reed Relay(RELAY,RESONANT REED) is an item consisting of one or more metallic reeds, mechanically resonant at a specific frequency and mounted in a permanent magnetic field. Actuation of the relay occurs when an alternating current signal at the resonant frequency of one of the reeds is introduced into a field winding. Excludes RELAY, ELECTROMAGNETIC.
- What is a Reed Relay? 2296 Items
- AReed Relay(RELAY,REED) is a relay consisting of an energizing coil and a metallic reed switch mechanism. The reeds serve as both core and contacts, which are not hinged or pivoted and which move by flexure when acted upon by a magnetic field induced by energization of the coil. It may also include a biasing magnet. The biasing magnet, either aids or opposes the movement of the reeds and the opening or closing of the contacts. For items in which actuation is dependent on the resonant frequency of the reeds see RELAY, RESONANT REED. Excludes RELAY, ELECTROMAGNETIC.
- What is a Hybrid Relay? 1693 Items
- AHybrid Relay(RELAY,HYBRID) is a self-contained device that performs the function of opening or closing an electrical circuit in response to electrical changes in an external circuit. It consists of a combination of semiconductor and passive circuit devices, which in turn control an integral electro-magnetic relay. Excludes relays which employ diodes, rectifiers or other passive devices to achieve contact protection or coil modification. Excludes RELAY, SOLID STATE.
- What is a Solid State Relay? 3241 Items
- ASolid State Relay(RELAY,SOLID STATE) is a self-contained device that performs the function of opening or closing an electrical circuit in response to electrical changes in an external circuit. In lieu of separable contacts and their actuator(s), the switching function is accomplished by means of an arrangement of semiconductors and passive circuit devices. The device is designed to have electrical isolation between control circuit and output circuit. Excludes RELAY, HYBRID.
- What is an Electromagnetic Relay? 52742 Items
- AnElectromagnetic Relay(RELAY,ELECTROMAGNETIC) is a relay which is actuated by the effect of a magnetic field developed by the current in its energizing coil(s). Includes solenoid and armature types. Excludes CONTACTOR, MAGNETIC; RELAY, METER MOVEMENT; RELAY, MOTOR DRIVEN; RELAY, REED; RELAY, RESONANT REED; RELAY, ROTARY; and SWITCH, STEPPING.
- PARTS KIT,SOLENOID PLUNGER 22 Items
- What is a Solid State Flasher? 437 Items
- ASolid State Flasher(FLASHER,SOLID STATE) is an item designed to complete, interrupt or change the connections in one or more electrical lighting circuits in accordance with a predetermined time cycle. It is actuated by means of an arrangement of semiconductors and/or passive circuit devices. Excludes CONTROL, DIRECTIONAL SIGNAL LIGHT, AUTOMOTIVE and SWITCH THERMOSTATIC. See also FLASHER, THERMAL.
- What is a Mounting Plate? 171 Items
- AMounting Plate(PLATE,MOUNTING) is a metallic or nonmetallic item which is rigid, flat and generally smooth. Its thickness is small in comparison to its length and width. It is designed for mounting another item and may have drilled or threaded holes or other facilities for mounting to a supporting object or surface. See SUPPORT, as modified. Do not use if a more specific name applies.
- What is an Electrical And Electronic Equipment Modification Kit? 22 Items
- AnElectrical And Electronic Equipment Modification Kit(MODIFICATION KIT,ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT) is an item or collection of items employed to modify electrical and electronic equipment.
- What is a Relay Assembly Group? 384 Items
- ARelay Assembly Groupis a group that provides facilities for switching and controlling components of an electronic set, by means of relays and associated components that are in turn programmed by signals derived from another component(s).
- What is an Electrical Relay Retainer? 650 Items
- AnElectrical Relay Retainer(RETAINER,ELECTRICAL RELAY) is an item specifically designed to position and/or restrain the movement of one or more electrical relays in their normal mounting position. It may also include provisions for mounting terminal boards, connectors, and like items. Excludes CLIP, ELECTRICAL and CLAMP, LOOP.
- What is a Solenoid Subassembly? 25 Items
- ASolenoid Subassemblyis two or more different types of items, which together form a portion of a SOLENOID, ELECTRICAL. These items have a common mounting or are mounted on each other, but do not form a complete functioning item and therefore cannot be assigned a more definite name.
- What is a Control-Monitoring Relay? 126 Items
- AControl-Monitoring Relay(RELAY,CONTROL-MONITORING) is an electronic relay that manages simple automation systems. It may be directly programmed using front panel and pushbutton, or operate by remote controlby addition of communication or connection interface. It may be easily upgraded for enhanced performance by adding various extensions for communication networks or for increasing the number or inputs/outputs.
- What is a Control-Monitoring Relay Expander Module? 28 Items
- AControl-Monitoring Relay Expander Module(EXPANDER MODULE,RELAY,CONTROL-MONITORING) is an auxillary component used to increase the communication capabilities and/or number of discrete inputs/outputs of the RELAY, CONTROL MONITORING. It may be mounted and wired next to relay or plug into the relay.
Stock Items with Pictures